Our Shire President and Chief Bush Fire Control Officer have confirmed the Restricted Burning Period will not be extended beyond midnight on Friday 10th May 2019.
Due to the rain last weekend and the cooler evening temperatures, Permits to Burn will not be required from Saturday 11th May 2019.
There is still a possibility of bushfires even though there has been a small amount of rain. If you are considering a burn, please remember to plan it properly by:
- Advising your neighbours,
- Consider the wind direction for smoke across the roads or your neighbours,
- Don’t light more than you can control,
- Rake around the base of trees to prevent the trunks from catching alight,
- Have a water source available,
- Monitor your burn so that it doesn’t escape.
If you have any questions, please contact us.