Updated 18 May 2020
The State Government has declared a Public Health Emergency, Human Biosecurity Emergency and a State of Emergency for Western Australia.
How we’re responding
We’re monitoring developments relating to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) daily and assessing any potential impact on Shire services and events.
We have activated local emergency management arrangements and business continuity plans.
We are planning to maintain current levels of service to residents and businesses during this period and will take advice on all public health matters from the state and federal health departments.
– We are working on re-opening community centres
– All skate parks, playgrounds, BBQ’s and gazebos are closed (including Ironstone Gully)
– Council Meetings will be held online
– Customer open for face-to-face enquiries
– All libraries open with restrictions
– Postponed all pool and spa safety inspections
– Suspended the hiring of all animal traps
– Not accepting cash payments (Including Waste Transfer Station)
– Staff returning to office (phased approach).
Please avoid physical contact where possible by directing all enquiries to 08 9727 0222 or emailing email@example.com.
Following the government’s COVID-19 road map, we are implementing the below measures
- Staff are slowly beginning to return to the office. We are following state and federal government regulations and have implemented strict social distancing requirements and work safety plan.
- Libraries will be open from Monday 18 May 2020. We’ve implemented strict social distancing requirements. No more than 20 patrons will be allowed in the building (including staff).
- We are currently working on re-opening community centres. More information to follow.
- Training on public ovals will be phased in from Monday 18 May. Users must adhere to social distancing requirements.
- We are working on re-opening other facilities and supporting local businesses that a re-opening.
- Public toilets are now open.
- Environmental health team are supporting police (in an educational capacity) by monitoring the reopening of businesses.
- Rangers will patrol community areas.
Local Help and Support
Community Recovery and Support Survey
We want to support our local community during COVID-19. We’ve created the COVID-19 Community Recovery and Support Survey to understand the issues you’re facing and advocate o the State and Federal Governments on your behalf.
Volunteering can provide crucial support to people in the community who are impacted by an emergency. Volunteering WA is calling all people who can lend a hand to register their details to become a volunteer.
Help keep the community safe by downloading the CovidSafe app.
For more information visit the Australian Government info page
Stay up to date with the latest information about the spread of COVID-19.
You can get the latest advice by:
Public Gatherings and Events
All existing gathering limits and the 100/300 rule removed gathering limits only determined by WA’s reduced 2 square metre rule the 2 square metre rule will only include staff at venues that hold more than 500 patrons
Intrastate travel restrictions
Strict travel restrictions on entry to WA and regional travel are in place. Find out about the restrictions, exemption criteria and how to apply for an exemption.
What if I need to travel?
If you need to travel within the districts, then go online for a G2G pass. The State Government recommends applying 72hrs in advance of your need to travel. You have to meet the exception criteria.
Protecting yourself and others
You should practise good hygiene and social distancing to prevent the spread of viruses. You should also follow the government’s advice for travellers and advice for public gatherings and visits to vulnerable groups.
To find self-help or peer support groups, visit the My Services online directory. You can search by your own location, or search for services in a major town or city.
- WA Mental Health Commission – COVID 19
- Kids Help Line 1800 55 1800
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636
- Lifeline 13 11 14
Not what you’re looking for?
Get in touch with someone from the team.