This section contains information about our existing policies
One of Council’s functions under the Local Government Act 1995 is to make policy. A policy forms part of our decision-making framework.
A policy establishes rules by which the business of council is conducted. It provides for a consistent approach to a given circumstance and is a statement that will be of considerable benefit to guide and assist councillors, staff and the community in understanding the objectives of council.
- Policy Manual Table of Contents (PDF 108KB)
- Policy Manual Introduction
- Section 1 – Councillors
- Section 2 – Corporate Services
- Section 3 – Council Staff (PDF 488KB)
- Section 4 – Law Order & Public Safety
- Section 5 – Health
- Section 6 – Town Planning
- Section 7 – Engineering & Operations (PDF 201KB)
- Section 8 – Community Services
- Policy Manual Alphabetical Index (PDF 97.6KB)
- Policy Register (PDF 756KB)