About the awards
The Shire of Capel Community Awards, in partnership with Bendigo Bank, is held every two years to honour our local volunteers and sportspeople.
This awards category include Citizen, Young Citizen, Act Belong Commit, Sports Person over 25 Years, Young Sports Person and Bendigo Bank Community Group of the Year.
This event is open to all Shire of Capel residents – so come and support your local community.
The next event will be held at the Hugh Kilpatrick Hall, Boyanup on 4 March 2020 from 5.30pm.
Individuals and groups can be self-nominated or nominated by others in the Community.
Nominations are currently closed.
Citizen (25 yrs & over) and Young Citizen of the Year
To be awarded to a Shire of Capel resident who:
- Is in a volunteer community position
- Has made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the community over a number of years
Community Group or Event
To be awarded to a group of four or more people who:
- Performed a service to the whole community or a section of the community through a charity, project, event, activity or built infrastructure and/or
- Raised funds for a community charity, event, project or infrastructure and/or
- Conducted a successful charity, project, event, activity or built infrastructure and/or
- Bring credit/recognition to the community through a cultural, environmental, or sporting achievement
Young Sportsperson of the Year
To be awarded to a Shire of Capel resident (under 25 years) who:
- Is an amateur (does not receive payment for competing)
- Has achieved outstanding results in a sporting field
- Has displayed good sportsmanship and leadership to the sporting community
All winners will have been judged to have shown active citizenship along with:
- Significant contribution to the local community;
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life;
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life;
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community.
- Nominees must reside within the Shire
- Nominees must be Australian Citizens
- Nominees must hot have received this award in the last five years.
If you require assistance contact the Shire Office on 9727 0222, or email via firstname.lastname@example.org