All dogs over the age of three months must be registered with the Shire.
All dogs 3 months and over must also be micro-chipped whether previously registered or not.
If your dog becomes lost and is impounded by the Ranger, you have a better chance of finding your dog if it is microchipped, registered and wearing its tag.
How do I register my dog?
To register your dog, you will need to ensure your dog is micro-chipped and complete and sign a registration form. A person under the age of 18 years may not register a dog. Once you have completed the form, please return it to the Shire office with full payment and the micro-chip number, and a dog tag will be sent to you.
All registrations are due on 31 October each year and can be renewed for either one year, three years, or lifetime.
- Dog registration Form– This form must be returned to the Shire along with your payment
|Sterilised – 1 Year||$20.00||$10.00||$5.00|
|Sterilised – 3 Year||$42.50||$21.25||$10.63|
|Unsterilised – 1 Year||$50.00||$25.00||$12.50|
|Unsterilised – 3 Year||$120.00||$60.00||$30.00|
|Unsterilised – Lifetime||$250.00||$125.00||$72.50|
|Sterilised – Lifetime||$100.00||$50.00||$25.00|
|Kennel Licence||$200 (annual fee charged on initial application and yearly renewal)||N/A||N/A|
- Pensioners who have approved concession cards are entitled to a reduction in fees.
- Only 50% of the registration fee is payable for new registrations (only for a single year registration and not including renewals or re-registration of dogs previously registered within the Shire of Capel) made from 31 May in any year.
- Proof of sterilisation is required to obtain the sterilised rate of registration.
- Working Dogs (dogs tending stock) are entitled to a reduction in fees.
Dog Fact Sheets
- Dog – Additional – Application
- Dog Fights & Barking
- Lost, Stray or Wandering Dogs
- Socialisation, Exercise and Training for your Dog
- Dog Exercise Area’s
- Laws for Responsible Dog Owners