If you own a dog, you have a legal responsibility under the Dog Act 1976 to keep it under control, either within a fenced area on your property or on a leash in public. The Act allows local governments to provide areas where dogs can run freely off the lead.
Please remember that even off the lead, your dog must be under effective control. This means that if you can’t see your dog, your dog can’t hear you or it doesn’t come when you call – it is not under effective control. You need to have a lead with you even when your dog is running freely in an off lead exercise area. You also need to clean up any droppings your dog leaves.
Below you will find an overall map for each locality that has Dog Exercise Areas. An enlarged view of each area is also available by clicking on the appropriate link below.
- Hannaby Park, West Road
- Reserve between Weld Rd, Gavins Rd and East Rd
- Capel Recreation Ground, between Spurr Road & Berkshire Street
- Rear of the oval, corner of Crystal Bend & Reeves Approach
- Reserve on the corner of Sherwood Drive & Harewoods Road
- POS between Edwinstone Close, Harewoods Road and Hornibrook Road
- POS corner of Guttman Parkway & Bibra Loop
- Sleaford Park
- Reserve on the corner of Frances Road & Jules Road
- Reserve behind the Gelorup Community Centre & Bush Fire Brigade, Hasties Road
- Reserve on Hampstead Street
The below area has changed from a Dog Off-Lead area to a Dog On-Lead area. Please view the map by clicking on the button below for more details.