EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRY LICENCE LOT 227 ELGIN ROAD, CAPEL
Notice is hereby given that the Council of the Shire of Capel is considering an application from Messrs B & J Catalano for an Industry Extractive and Extractive Industry Licence and Development Approval for Lot 227 Elgin Road, Capel. The proposal is summarised as follows:
- Extraction of sand from 12.6ha;
- Sand to be extracted by a front-end loader in eight stages;
- Each stage to be between 1.5ha and 2ha;
- Total volume of sand over a 5 year period is estimated at 250,000m3;
- The floor of the pit will be minimum 0.3m above the highest historical groundwater level.
Plans and documents setting out and explaining the proposal are available for viewing at the Council Offices, Forrest Road, Capel during office hours.
Download the Lot 227 Report (PDF 16.6MB)
Any queries should be directed to Louise Hughes, Planning Officer, Shire of Capel on 9727 0222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions on the proposal should be lodged in writing with the Chief Executive Officer, Shire of Capel, PO Box 369, Capel 6271 by Friday, 28 June 2019. Please quote reference PA76/2019.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER