Lot 265 (404) Ducane Road, North Boyanup
The Shire has received an application for an amendment to an Industry Extractive, Development Approval and Extractive Industry Licence for the extraction of sand at Lot 265 (404) Ducane Road, North Boyanup.
The proposal is summarised as follows:
- 16 stage extraction of 927,285m2 of sand; at 60,000m3 per year for 16 years;
- Semi-trailers will be used to haul material from the site equalling approximately 12 trips per day;
- Truck traffic is to enter and exit Ducane Road from the East, via Queelup Road until Ducane Road is sealed to allow western access to Jules Road;
- 4m high noise bunds are proposed to be placed at points within the property to mitigate noise impacts;
- A 40m vegetation is proposed to screen the operation from Ducane Road;
- Operating hours are proposed to be limited to 7am – 6pm Monday to Fridays and 7am – 12pm on Saturdays. No extraction is proposed on Sundays or Public Holidays; and
- The pit floor is proposed at 25mAHD.
Documents on the proposal are available to view at the Shire Administrative Office in Forrest Road, Capel and also below. Any enquiries should be directed to Grace McDonald, Planning Officer, Shire of Capel on 9727 0222.
Submissions on the proposal can be lodged in writing to the Chief Executive Officer, Shire of Capel, PO Box 369, Capel WA 6271 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 6 September 2019. Please quote the reference number PA123/2019.
I J McCABE
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER