The Shire of Capel wishes to advise that the following areas have been adopted by Council as Dog Exercise Areas (Off-Lead):
- Reserve No. 8333 – Diggers Rest Reserve
- Reserve No. 42949 – corner of Ray Street & Penn Street
- The rear of Reserve No. 35058 – Old Pony Club Grounds, Thomas Street
- Reserve No. 9515 – Hannaby Park, West Road
- Reserve No. 21929 – Between Weld Road & Gavins Road
- Reserve No. 33261 – Capel Recreation Ground (outside perimeter only, not including the oval), corner of Goodwood Road & Berkshire Street
- The south west portion of Reserve No. 31012 – corner of Sherwood Drive and Harewoods Road
- The southern portion of Public Open Space between Harewoods Road, Hornibrook Road and Edwinstone Close
- The southern portion of Reserve 51235 – corner of Bibra Loop and Gutmann Parkway
- Reserve No. 51426 – Eastern portion of the oval (behind the goal posts) corner of Crystal Bend and Reeves Approach
- Reserve No. 45214 – Sleaford Drive
- Reserve No. 29470 – corner of Frances Road and Jules Road
- Reserve No. 36754 – Hasties Road (behind the Community Centre)
- Reserve No. 35462 – Hampstead Street
The following has been adopted by Council in relation to dogs along Dalyellup Beach and Forrest Beach:
- Beach to the north of the Norton Promenade Beach Access up to the border with City of Bunbury – Dog Off-Lead all year round
- Beach between Dalyellup Boulevard access and Norton Promenade access – Seasonal Dog On-Lead Area. From 1 November to 30 April each year dogs will be required to be on-lead between the hours of 9am and 5pm. Dogs are permitted off-lead at all other times.
- Beach to the south of Dalyellup Boulevard Access – Dog Off-Lead all year round down to the vehicle turn around point.
- Public beach between both beach access points along Forrest Road – Dog On-Lead all year round.
Maps showing the exact locations of these areas are available on here, at the Shire Offices or at the Shire of Capel Libraries in Boyanup, Capel and Dalyellup.
The public is advised that these areas come in to effect from Saturday, 8 December 2018.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER