The Shire of Capel is calling on the community to join us and help support the WALGA RoadWise Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign by wearing a free road ribbon.
Sunday, November 19 marked the first day of the Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign, coinciding with World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims. This community-based campaign provides an opportunity for everyone to get involved in road safety.
To show our support, we have erected a display at the Shire of Capel Building where free road ribbons and road safety messages will be distributed.
Our aim for this campaign is to get the community involved and help us work together to reduce the incidence of road deaths and injuries. The Shire of Capel is doing its part by advocating for lower speeds. We are asking the community to do their part, by making a conscious effort to be a safe road user.
Make a conscious effort to be a safe road user by:
- turning off your mobile phone before driving,
- adapting your speed to the weather, light, traffic and road conditions,
- ensuring you are restrained when travelling in a vehicle,
- taking a break, having a rest or if possible, swapping drivers to prevent the onset of fatigue promote local Driver Reviver operations and Coffee Stop participants, and
- arranging a skipper, organising public transport or staying overnight if planning to drink.
For more information about the Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign, visit the RoadWise website; www.roadwise.asn.au/road-ribbon-for-road-safety.aspx.