Mosquito breeding occurs in freshwater after periods of high rainfall where there is flooding of the wetlands. Mosquitoes are known to present serious health risks and cause considerable nuisance to residents and visitors to the Shire of Capel.
To view the mosquito breeding sites in the Shire of Capel refer to the map
- What is the Shire of Capel doing?
- How Can You Assist?
- Avoid Being Bitten
- Shire of Capel’s Mosquito Management Strategy
- Mosquito Management Program 2007
- What is Ross River virus?
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Repelling Mosquitos Naturally
- Arthritis Foundation of Western Australia
- Mark release recapture study to measure dispersal of mosquitoes bred in the wetlands from Stratham
If you would like to report high mosquito activity please feel free to Let us Know