Council meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of every month. The meetings commence at 4.30pm in the Council Chambers and are open to members of the public.
The Agenda will be made available the Friday prior to Council meetings. Copies will be available at the Shire Office in Capel, can be downloaded online and perused in the Shire’s libraries in Capel, Boyanup, and Dalyellup.
Historic Agendas and Minutes can be requested from the Shire Office in Capel, located on Forrest Road.
Public Question Time
If you wish to address the Council, you may do so during Public Question Time at the beginning or end of the meeting.
Should you be requiring a detailed response, it is recommended that you advise the Chief Executive Officer of your intended questions, at least seven days prior to the meeting.
A petition is a formal written request made by electors of the Shire of Capel for a change of action. Any person or group wishing to lodge a petition with Council are required to submit it on the prescribed Petition form below. Detailed information about petitions is provided on the Petition form.
Any member of the public may during the Presentations segment of the ordinary meeting, with the consent of the Presiding Member, speak on any matter on the agenda paper provided that
- the person has requested the right to do so in writing addressed to the CEO by noon on the day of the meeting
- the person’s speaking right is to be exercised before Council debates the particular agenda paper item
- the person speaking will be limited to a maximum of five (5) minutes
- persons addressing Council on an agenda item are not entitled to table documents as part of the meeting proceedings
A person or person wishing to be received as a deputation by the Council or a Committee is to apply, in writing, to the CEO, not less than seven (7) working days prior to the meeting at which the deputation wishes to be received, setting out in concise terms the matter to be raised. The CEO, is to forward the written request to the President, or the presiding member as the case may be.
A deputation is not to exceed three persons, only two of which are at liberty to address the Council, for a maximum of five (5) minutes each or a collective maximum of ten (10) minutes, except in reply to questions from Councillors. The matter shall not be further considered by the Council, until all other business of the meeting has been finalised.
Council Meeting Dates for 2018
- Wednesday 24th January 2018
- Wednesday 28th February 2018
- Wednesday 28th March 2018
- Thursday 26th April 2018
- Wednesday 23rd May 2018
- Wednesday 27th June 2018
- Wednesday 25th July 2018
- Wednesday 22nd August 2018
- Wednesday 26th September 2018
- Wednesday 24th October 2018
- Wednesday 28th November 2018
- Wednesday 19th December 2018