Every year the Shire of Capel provides opportunities for the community to put forward requests to be considered in the annual draft budget. As in previous years requests can be for specific items, community projects, sponsorship ideas, new services or improvements to Council buildings, assets, facilities and services. The timelines are outlined below.
Community Budget Requests
If you want Council to consider new infrastructure e.g. playgrounds or facilities and services then these need to be submitted in writing stating what it is that you want considered, details of the estimated costs involved and what you believe the benefits would be. All submissions will be considered as part of the budget process with outcomes advised in August when the budget is adopted. Closing date for submissions is Friday 2 March 2018 and submissions should be addressed to the Executive Manager Corporate Services, Shire of Capel, PO Box 369, CAPEL WA 6271, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are seeking a financial contribution towards a small project or event, then you can submit a Minor Community Grant application as outlined below.
Minor Community Grants
- Funding application for projects under $10,000
- Applications open August / September 2018
- Applications close October 2018
- Projects under $2,000 can seek up to 50% contribution
- Projects under $10,000 can seek up to 1/3 of the total project cost with a maximum of $3,333
- Applicants must speak with Community Development Staff.
Ongoing Maintenance Requests
- Requests can be submitted at any time via email@example.com
- Requests will be determined on priority and annual budget maintenance allocations being available.
P F SHEEDY
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER