The Shire of Capel Community Awards are a bi-annual event that acknowledge and recognise the wonderful work that volunteers do within the community.
Individuals and groups can be self nominated or nominated by others in the Community. If you know of someone or a group that is providing an excellent service to the community, is a role model or a pillar of strength in the community – take the opportunity to nominate them now.
**Nominations for the 2018 Awards will open in July 2017, please check back closer to this date to download the nomination form**
Citizen (25 yrs & over) and Young Citizen of the Year
To be awarded to a Shire of Capel resident who:
- Is in a volunteer community position
- Has made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the community over a number of years
Community Group or Event
To be awarded to a group of four or more people who:
- Performed a service to the whole community or a section of the community through a charity, project, event, activity or built infrastructure and/or
- Raised funds for a community charity, event, project or infrastructure and/or
- Conducted a successful charity, project, event, activity or built infrastructure and/or
- Bring credit/recognition to the community through a cultural, environmental, or sporting achievement
Young Sportsperson of the Year
To be awarded to a Shire of Capel resident (under 25 years) who:
- Is an amateur (does not receive payment for competing)
- Has achieved outstanding results in a sporting field
- Has displayed good sportsmanship and leadership to the sporting community
All Winners will have been judged to have shown active citizenship along with:
- Significant contribution to the local community;
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life;
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life;
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community.
- Nominees must reside within the Shire
- Nominees must be Australian Citizens
- Nominees must hot have received this award in the last five years.
If you require assistance or the nomination form is unclear, please contact the Community Services team at the Shire Office on 9727 0222, or email via email@example.com
All nominations will be reviewed by the selection panel with awards to be presented at the Annual Community sundowner, which recognizes the contribution that all volunteers and community groups make to the Shire of Capel.