The You’re Welcome AccessWA Initiative assists people with disability, their family and carers to find accurate and detailed access information. This information is necessary for people with disability to make decisions about which businesses, community services and facilities meet their access requirements.
People with disability place a high priority on business and community becoming more accessible, including the provision of appropriate customer service.
You’re Welcome – AccessWA aims to assist people with disability to access community life by:
- providing detailed and accurate information about the accessibility of facilities and services
- encouraging businesses and community organisations to make their services and facilities more accessible
You’re Welcome – AccessWA helps to create accessible communities by:
- gathering detailed accurate access information
- developing and maintaining a website to provide easy-to-obtain access information
- providing practical written information and access awareness training to assist business and community groups to make their services more access friendly
You can access the You’re Welcome website by clicking HERE and search for information, details and photos of accessible facilities and businesses within the Shire of Capel.
If you are a business owner and would like more information about the You’re Welcome initiative or how to make your business more accessible, please contact Donna Sims on 9727 0222.