The Shire of Capel is strongly committed to ensuring people with a disability have equal opportunity to take part in local activities and have fair access to Shire of Capel community programs, events, services and resources.
In working to achieve this, the Shire of Capel has developed a Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP). It has been produced in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and meets legislative requirements.
The DAIP helps Local Governments to identify access and inclusion issues and to create fair and equitable access for all community members
There are six objectives contained within the DAIP:
- Outcome One: People with disabilities have the same opportunities as other people to access the services of, and any events organised, by the Shire of Capel.
- Outcome Two: People with disabilities have the same opportunities as other people to access buildings and other facilities of the Shire of Capel
- Outcome Three: People with disabilities receive information from the Shire of Capel in a format that will enable them to access the information as readily as other people are able to access it.
- Outcome Four: People with disabilities receive the same level and quality of service from the staff of the Shire of Capel as other people receive from staff of the Shire.
- Outcome Five: People with disabilities have the same opportunities as other people to make complaints to the Shire of Capel.
- Outcome Six: People with disabilities have the same opportunities as other people to participate in any public consultation by the Shire of Capel.
- Outcome Seven: People with disabilities have the same opportunities as other people to seek employment with the Shire of Capel.
The Shire of Capel Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2012 – 2017 and the Implementation Plan 2012 – 2017 are available for download now. To request a copy of the DAIP in another format, or for further information, please contact Donna Sims – Community Development Officer on 9727 0222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share Your Thoughts on Accessibility
The Shire would like to hear from people with a disability living in the Shire of Capel to find out more about their community needs.
If there are any key issues that you would like to discuss with us pertaining to improved Disability Access and Inclusion, please keep in touch with us via telephone during business hours 9727 0222, email to email@example.com or post to PO Box 369, Capel WA 6271 and help us identify areas for improvement.